- Alibaba confirms Aliyun, its cloud-powered mobile and tablet OS.
- Future of computing looks thinner.
- LightSquared bid stirs FAA worry.
- Coastal and Mid-Atlantic states have faster internet.
- Steve Perlman unveils white paper explaining "impossible"” wireless data rates.
Research & Stats:
- Nielsen: Android is top OS, Apple is top manufacturer.
- ComScore: 27% of Facebook browsing on news feed, just 10% on apps.
- Sorry Hulu, Netflix still rules the living room.
- Ebooks prompts publishers to speed paperbacks.
- SAP now allows businesses to layer big data with Google Maps and Earth.