We're all 'Mad Men' here
Agencies and Marketing Execs:
- Bizo's hired John Whitmore for Director-Sales.
- Pelco named Herve Fages director of global marketing.
- True Media has acquired Search Driven Technologies, based in St. Louis.
- Whittmanhart/NY will be developing iloveny.com, the official New York State tourism website, for Saatchi & Saatchi and the Dept. of Economic Development.
Campaigns of Note:
- Contributing to a perennial avatar craze, AMC now lets online users 'Mad Men' themselves. After creating a self-portrait in the animated likeness of a Mad Men character, users have the option to download the image for their desktops, social networks and mobile phones.
Legal, Government and Regulation:
- After winning a legal battle, Apple is now free to promote the App Store as the only such option for its iPhone.
- Ad markets are growing more stable, according to CEO Jeff Bewkes of Time Warner. He admits, however, "we aren't seeing any major improvements."