Good for whom?
Ad Networks and Analytics:
Agencies and Marketing Execs:
- Neil Edwards joins Cellufun as CEO.
- Former Yahoo exec Jeff McCombs joins ad firm Tumri as CFO.
- Mark Ellis of AOL's Platform-A is now EVP-Sales.
- Bob Pearson of Dell has joined the Blog Council as President.
- UK-based behavioral ad firm Phorm is contemplating an incentives program that will make users more receptive to behavioral targeting.
- Open Text, a digital media firm based in Toronto, purchased Vizible, which pushes multimedia content across a number of display devices (mobile phones, PDAs, web browsers).
Legal, Government and Regulation:
- Taiwanese firm Elan Microelectronics is suing Apple for copyright infringement of two of its touch screen patents. The suit was filed in the US District Court in San Francisco; Elan has not expressed what remedial action it wants from the iPod/Macbook giant.
- Yahoo launched Sideline, an Adobe Air desktop app for monitoring Twitter.
- Facebook now boasts 200 million users — of which the United States now only comprises 30% (from 70% once upon a time). What's more, half that number logs on every day, Facebook said.
- Elf Island, a virtual world that revolves around doing good deeds through games, launched today.