John Battelle found some extremely interesting information on Google's business based in part on comScore data. Among the findings:
- Google makes about nine cents per search query
- Two thirds of its revenue comes from domestic sources
- Paid clicks grew seven percent quarter over quarter to 964 million, with a two percent price increase
- Average cost per click was 54 cents, up about two percent for the quarter
- Just over half of all searches included at least one paid listing
- Of those pages with paid listings, a third got at least one paid click.