Google has substantially re-jigged DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) to streamline and simplify campaign trafficking and report options, and to simplify compliance with Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standards for privacy and opt-outs.
Improved Custom Targeting Input:
Fewer steps, clicks, and screens throughout the trafficking process will "help you streamline your workflows," promises Google. Users can now select custom targeting criteria when trafficking a campaign with a single key-stroke, to help them quickly select and search for the right targeting criteria.
Additional Reporting Combinations:
To help users generate precisely the data they are looking for, DFP now features additional reporting combinations for a more granular look into data. A sample of the new combinations include:
- Ad Unit x Line item x Creative/size x Country x Custom Targeting
- Ad Unit x Line item x Creative/size x Country
- Ad Unit x Line item x Creative/size x Metro
- Placement x Line Item x Creative
- Ad unit x Line Item x Creative/size x Hour
Available in DFP Mobile
- MRAID Support: Google released the latest mobile SDK for DFP and AdMob to fully support the IAB's Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definitions (MRAID). For publishers who use DFP to deliver ads to mobile applications, the new AdMob SDK enables advertisers with the flexibility to provide creative that works seamlessly across any application, regardless of the device, platform, or ad technology involved.
Available in DFP Video
- Stream Based Frequency Caps: To give more delivery options when working with video advertisers, Google has introduced stream-based frequency caps to help control how often an ad appears in the same stream.
- Video Ad Support: In response to the IAB’s demand for video advertising standards, Google will implement VAST 3.0, VPAID 2.0 and VMAP 1.0 across its video advertising products.
Together, the three guidelines strengthen the video advertising infrastructure already adopted by most participants in the video ecosystem. The Video Suite also adds support for skippable ads, podding, in-ads privacy notices and ad sequencing, while offering greater clarity around compliance and mobile scenarios.