A demo of Google TV Ads
Select Adwords members have been invited to test Google TV Ads Beta, a platform that enables users to upload or mail 15, 30, 45 or 60-second TV spots.
According to the NCTA (via Pinny Cohen), TV reaches 98 percent of US households. Its ad business remains a $26.9 billion industry.
Measurement tools for Google TV Ads include:
- Impressions shown and estimations of how many people are watching a given spot
- CPM rate selection to bid against other ads in your sector
- National, local or demographic campaign options
- Ad scheduling (time, day, network)
- schedule ads based on day, time, and network.
- Average length of impressions
- At what point in the ad a "bounce," or departure from the ad, occurs
The program, in particular its ability to track an ad's bounce rate, introduces efficient online tracking capabilities to what has long been an expensive and results-muddy medium.
Early this year Google introduced demographic bidding to Adwords, as well as a program that weds print ads to the internet.