Online Ad Industry:
Yahoo to buy startup to boost premium ad sales.
Millennial Media said to be in talks with banks about IPO as mobile ads surge.
Twitter frustrates developers with permissions change.
'Like' button follows web users.
Paid ads on social: Has... continue reading »
Smartphones Represent 7 in 10 Impressions
Smartphones represented almost seven in 10 (68%) of the connected device impressions on the Millennial Media network in April 2011, according to its April Mobile Mix report. The remaining 32% impression share was equally split... continue reading »
What: A Lady Gaga and Starbucks campaign, which will be running in Starbucks U.S. stores through June 3.
How: Beginning Thursday, May 19, Starbucks is hosting a Gaga-themed scavenger hunt across its digital properties from Facebook to Twitter to Foursquare. Followers... continue reading »
North American search marketing industry will grow by 16% in 2011 to a value of $19.3 billion, up from $16.6 billion in 2010, according to SEMPO's 2011 State of Search Marketing Report in which it surveyed more than 900 companies... continue reading »
Google is rolling out social search in 19 languages with more languages on the way, it announced.
It is part of the search engine's push to win the social search wars - a battlefield on which Microsoft's Bing is making uncomfortably... continue reading »