B2Day: Those Crazy Crispin Porter & Bogusky Boys Are At It Again
As suspected, the "scientist" sites popping up last spring proved to be hoaxes, albeit alluring ones. The effort, which can be seen here was part of a BMW Mini viral campaign put together by the Crispin Porter crew, of Subservient Chicken fame.
The sites described efforts to transform BMW Minis into various types of robots. Very reminiscent of the famously successful Honda "Cog" ad (which was wonderfully parodied here).
Back in April we noted odd sites devoted to a British scientist modding Mini Coopers into robots. It's a hoax perpetrated by the ad agency that brought us the Burger King Subservient Chicken. Gotta love them. Here is the latest in the campaign.
Recent Viral Marketing Stories:
- JibJab Strikes at Threatening Copyright Holder
- JibJab Handicapped to Win Rights Suit
- JibJab Threatened with Silly Suit
- Popular Bush/Kerry Satire More Popular than Real Things
- Political Satire Exploits Viral Power
- BK Follows Viral Chicken with Ugoff
- Viral Marketing Promotions Boost Sites to Top
- Subservient Chicken Defended
- Subservient Chicken Drives Traffic
- Correction: BK Chicken Was Porn Spoof
- Wired: BK's Chicken Effort a Porn Takeoff
- BK Spreads Viral Chicken